Manufacturing Technician (Assembler – Medical Device)
2nd Shift: 3:00 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. Monday-Thursday
Receive 12% Shift Differential + $1,000 Sign-on Bonus
Microsurgical Technology (MST) is a manufacturer of medical devices used in ophthalmic surgery. We equip surgeons with the most innovative tools, enabling them to achieve the best possible outcomes for patients. Our product line of irrigation and aspiration instruments, phacoemulsification tips, scissors and forceps and tissue management devices are considered industry best-in-class. All manufacturing is performed in our Redmond, Washington facility.
We are seeking a motivated and experienced Manufacturing Technician (Assembly) to join our 2nd shift production team. The ideal candidate is a team player with a strong focus on quality and passion for customer fulfillment.
Pay range is $23-$28 per hour (+12% shift differential), which is the general base range for a successful candidate in the State of Washington. The successful candidate’s actual pay will be based on various factors, such as skills, qualifications and experience.
This role is eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; 401K retirement plan; flexible spending and health savings account; paid holidays; paid time off; parental leave; employee assistance program and other company benefits.
- Responsible for the assembly and production of prepped component, subassemblies, and finished goods parts, while using a microscope and a variety of equipment. Grinder, rubber wheel, satin wheel, bead blaster, micro blaster, armor press, steamer, etc.
- Daily use of hand tools, power tools and fixtures.
- Build product following all GMP guidelines and training.
- Adherence to all standard operating procedures, drawings and polices.
- Meet takt requirements as outlined in the job router
- Verifies specifications by measuring completed component
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, guidelines
- Contributes to team effort by cross-training in other areas
- Supports overtime
- Work in a team environment
Experience / Minimum Requirements that you must have:
- Minimum of 6 months experience
- Basic math skills
- Good hand eye coordination and strong visual acuity.
- Experience using a microscope and basic measuring equipment, such as calipers and comparator.
- Ability to work and communicate within a team environment.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds and stand for long periods of time (shifts are 4 – 10 hour days).
- The ability to read and write English.
- Medical device experience is a plus
About MicroSurgical Technology (MST):
We make great products that people love. At MST we believe in this philosophy. MST’s passion is creating exceptional surgical devices and instruments used to restore or improve sight for patients all over the world. And it is our relentless pursuit of addressing our customers’ needs that creates a profound customer preference. We strive to equip surgeons with the most innovative tools, enabling them to achieve the best possible outcomes for the patients. We constantly evolve to meet the distinct clinical needs of ophthalmic surgeons through our dedicated partnership with surgeon-designers, bringing innovation to ophthalmology.
MST products meet the highest standards of quality and are designed to evoke confidence during surgery. We devote extraordinary attention to even the finest elements of our products—not only in function but also in the customer experience, the packaging, the look, and the feel.
MST is highly profitable and fast-growing company headquartered in Redmond, Washington. MST is one of over fifty operating companies that form Halma PLC, a UK-based conglomerate with over $1.5B in annual sales and $4.5B in market value. Halma is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100 index. Halma’s philosophy is to maintain the operating companies’ autonomy and entrepreneurship while providing the financial, operational and employee development resources that a world-class multi-national has to offer.
MicroSurgical Technology Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on gender, sex, age, race and color, religion, marital status, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, veteran status, or any other category that is protected by applicable law.
Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted for further consideration.
No agencies or recruiters please.