The key responsibilities for this role include:
- Developing a deep, broad, and present knowledge of MST’s market segment and its competitive landscape.
- Conducting market research of emerging market trends, technologies, and future state of ophthalmic therapies.
- Developing market models for new therapeutic areas in ophthalmology.
- Developing and implementing strategy for acquisitions and partnerships.
- Assessing prospective acquisitions and commercial partnerships, including detailed financial modeling and due diligence activities
- Leading negotiations with external partners, acquisition targets, and bankers.
- Participating as a business partner with the MST Operating Team.
This role requires:
- Expert knowledge of business and marketing strategy.
- Advanced technical knowledge in technologies related to electromechanical devices.
- Deep understanding of current and upcoming technologies and trends in consumer electronics.
- Up-to-date understanding of general trends in business, finance, technology, informatics, medicine, healthcare, government, and environment.
- Deep understanding of all aspects of accounting and finance.
- Advanced negotiations and influence skills.
- Working knowledge of healthcare and finance regulatory requirements and best practice implementation.
- Advanced leadership skills.
The training qualifications for this role include:
- Advanced degree in a relevant engineering or technology field, PhD preferred.
- Experience in biotech, medtech, equity research, investment banking or healthcare consulting is preferred.