Lead all aspects of M&A within the digital platform of MST, while also identifying new opportunities to pursue.
The key responsibilities for this role includes:
- Developing a deep, broad, and present knowledge of MST’s market segment and its competitive landscape.
- Conducting market research on emerging market trends, technologies, and future state of ophthalmic therapies.
- Developing and implementing strategy for acquisitions and partnerships.
- Assessing prospective acquisitions and commercial partnerships, including detailed financial modeling and due diligence activities.
- Leading negotiations with external partners, acquisition targets, and bankers.
- Perform due diligence activities.
- Lead all aspects of digital M&A.
- Working cross-functionally with other stakeholders, external agencies, and vendors to implement business development plans.
This role requires:
- Advanced technical knowledge in technologies related to electromechanical devices.
- Deep understanding of current and upcoming technologies and trends in consumer electronics in the medtech realm.
- Up-to-date understanding of general trends in business, finance, technology, informatics, medicine, healthcare, government, and environment.
- Comfortable with technology, science, and start-ups.
- Strong customer-facing skills.
- Advanced negotiations and influence skills.
- Working knowledge of healthcare and finance regulatory requirements and best practice implementation.
- Advanced leadership skills.
The training qualifications for this role include:
- Advanced degree in a relevant engineering or technology field, PhD preferred.
- Experience in biotech, medtech, equity research, investment banking or healthcare consulting is preferred.
- Excellent writing and strong presentation skills, a plus.