Since 1976, Microsurgical Technology (MST) has been designing and manufacturing medical devices used in ophthalmic surgery that equip and empower surgeons with the most innovative tools, enabling them to achieve the best possible outcomes for patients. Our product line of irrigation and aspiration instruments, phacoemulsification tips, scissors and forceps and tissue management devices are considered industry best-in-class. All manufacturing is performed in our Redmond, Washington facility.
MST’s passion is creating exceptional surgical devices and instruments used to restore or improve sight for patients all over the world. And it is our relentless pursuit of addressing our customers’ needs that creates a profound customer preference. Together, we create a place where we are successful, motivated by our mission and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work!
We are seeking an exceptional Surgical Sales Representative for our Chicago territory. In this role you will primarily be responsible for managing MST’s business and selling our products to existing and potential customers within the assigned territory. Increasing market penetration by analyzing sales results and identifying growth opportunities. Participating in new product launches and commercialization. Customers include ophthalmologists, hospitals, teaching institutions and surgery centers. Position will require travel.
- Achieve established sales objectives
- Ensure customer satisfaction through written and verbal communication
- Provide surgical product training to surgeons and OR personnel
- Maintain and develop key surgeon relationships
- Build and maintain pipelines in Spiro (AI powered CRM)
- Provide territory market updates
- Attend local territory and national meetings as required
- Work with marketing, sales and customer service to achieve strategic commercial goals
- Prospect and cold call for future business opportunities
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2+ years of direct sales experience with an established and documentable record of success
- Highly organized and effective time management skills
- Knowledge of ophthalmology highly desired
- Knowledge of surgical and/or medical device sales preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Competent computer skills
- Valid driver’s license from state of residence
- Ability to be “credentialed” with immunizations for admission to surgical facilities
The base salary range for this role is $70-90K and the range for OTE $200-250K. The base salary range and OTE listed in this posting reflect the compensation for a successful candidate in the assigned geographic territory. The successful candidate’s actual pay will be based on various factors such as skills, qualifications, experience and geographic location.
This role is eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; 401K retirement plan; flexible spending and health savings account; paid holidays; paid time off; parental leave; employee assistance program and other company benefits.
MicroSurgical Technology Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on gender, sex, age, race and color, religion, marital status, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, veteran status, or any other category that is protected by applicable law.
Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted for further consideration. No agencies or recruiters please.